The course is ideal for Domestic and New Build Energy Assessors, and those currently undertaking site based assessments within properties such as Air-Tightness Testers and Thermography Inspectors.
Attendance on this course will satisfy the entry requirements to join the Elmhurst Ventilation Scheme
Please note: this training event is provided in conjunction with NICEIC, the leading organisation for the assessment and certification scheme of electricians.
The domestic ventilation training and assessment has been designed to provide the necessary skills in testing, commissioning, handover, servicing and fault-finding of ventilation systems in accordance with the latest National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Minimum Technical Competency documents (MTC).
- Fundamental working principles of ventilation systems
- Minimum legal requirements
- The types of ventilation systems
- Passive Stack Ventilation
- Intermittent extract fans
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems
- Continuous Mechanical Extract Systems with Heat Recovery
- Why ventilation is important
- The varying techniques used for installation of the different systems
- The pitfalls associated with poor workmanship and misuse of ventilation systems
- Basic system design
- Preparation prior to installation
- Competent Person Schemes
- Commissioning of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
- Inspection and testing
- Certification and documentation of a mechanical ventilation heat recovery unit
|23 Apr 2024 09:30