Elmhurst’s ABBE (Awarding Body of the Built Environment) qualification course provides a fantastic opportunity for those completely new to and familiar with the world of energy and building assessment, to become fully qualified Domestic Energy Assessors (DEAs).
Our professional and friendly training is delivered at a pace to suit all individuals and ensures those who attend leave feeling confident about putting what they’ve learned into practice.
This 5 day course is Elmhurst’s most popular course, offering individuals an opportunity to receive 3 days classroom training, as well as 2 days of on-site visits where assessors are able to carry out actual EPC Surveys (these count towards a delegates portfolio).
Once you have passed your portfolio you will be awarded with the ABBE Level 3 certificate, and will be eligible to join Elmhurst’s leading DEA Accreditation scheme.
*Please note – You must be 18 or to do this course.
£1620.00 (+VAT) + ABBE Reg Fee (£189.00 + VAT)= £1809.00 (excl VAT) or £2170.80 (Inc VAT)
Before your course starts, we will send you an E-portfolio login, which lists all the tasks you will need to complete (Different tasks can be completed before, during or after the course). Upon receiving your portfolio login you will have the opportunity to complete 4 pre course reading modules and associated questions, these questions count towards your overall portfolio and will prepare you for the course.
During the 5 day course we will complete 10 training modules and we will work through an example property test case.
Please note – Candidates are required to attend property visits within a 25 mile radius of the Training center on both Thursday and Friday so are required to have their own transport – Elmhurst will NOT able to supply delegate transport.
We will complete approximately 3 modules, which include:
- ABBE Level 3 Qualification and requirements
- An Overview of the Pre course Modules
- The EPC Requirement and Exemptions
- The RDSAP Software and background
- Property types and building regulations
- Property ages and Construction
We will complete a further 3 modules, which include:
- Conservatories, Flats and Roof types (including loft conversions)
- Floors, Openings, Ventilation and lighting
- Space Heating Part 1
We will complete the remaining Modules, which include:
- Space Heating Part 2
- Secondary and Water Heating
- New Technologies, meters and Recommendations
- The EPC Certificate
- Discussion and guidance regarding the E portfolio system and completing tasks.
You will require equipment for the home visits on day 4 & 5. This will include a tablet (android or apple) with our app installed, a laser measurer, a clipboard (to hold your floor plan forms that we provide), a meter cupboard key and highlighter pens.
- Conduct three test case EPCs to the required standard – home visits to local properties accompanied by an assessor
- Back to classroom for discussions, guidance and portfolio work.
- Conduct two test case EPCs to the required standard – home visits to local properties accompanied by an assessor
- Back to the classroom for discussions, guidance and portfolio work.
- Review Portfolio (if completed)
- Final Q & A
- Have access to Microsoft Word
- Open and edit Word documents
- Rename Documents
- Open and Save Files
- Save files to Folders
- Create Zip Folders
- Navigate your desktop
- Use ZOOM
|11 Dec 2023 09:30||5 Days||Classroom||Lutterworth||Full|
|13 May 2024 09:30||5 Days||Classroom||Lutterworth||12|
|10 Jun 2024 09:30||5 Days||Classroom||Lutterworth||12|
|5 Aug 2024 09:30||5 Days||Classroom||Lutterworth||12|
|9 Dec 2024 09:30||5 Days||Classroom||Lutterworth||12|