Elmhurst’s 4 day online On Construction Domestic Energy Assessors (OCDEA) qualification course is perfect for those looking for a flexible training option that can be completed at home or the office.
Our On Construction course is one of the more advanced areas of energy assessment, where you will learn how to produce Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) for new build homes. The government’s commitment to build 300,000 new homes per year by the mid-2020s, makes this a particularly exciting area to work in.
Our online learning programme incorporates a mixture of presentation slides, activities and class discussions to ensure everyone receives an engaging learning experience that caters for a variety of learning styles.
During the course you will learn how to use SAP software to assess the energy efficiency of new buildings, helping to select appropriate building services, green technologies and alterations to the fabric to ensure a building will meet compliance.
Following completion of this online course you will be required to complete 5 test cases issued by Elmhurst to complete your portfolio. You will then be awarded with the Level 3 ABBE qualification in On Construction Domestic Energy Assessment, and will be eligible to join Elmhurst’s OCDEA Accreditation scheme.
PLEASE NOTE – Our software is NOT compatible with a MAC computer. You must use a PC or Laptop.
This four day course covers the skills required and SAP methodology to enable you to become an On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor. Following the course, you are required to complete a portfolio of work including Centre devised test cases to meet the requirements of the ABBE OCDEA qualification.
- Introduction to Energy Rating and SAP
- The ABBE Qualification
- Portfolio Build and Examination Arrangements
- Professional Skills Feedback
- Domestic Construction Skills Feedback
- Introduction to Building Regulations
- Part L – Conservation of Fuel and Power
- Measurement Requirements of SAP
- Measurement Exercise
- Domestic Heating and Hot Water Systems
- Low and Zero Carbon Technologies in SAP
- Introduction to Energy Rating, Building Regulations and SAP
- An introduction to Design SAP 10
- Data entry into Elmhurst’s Design SAP 10 software
- U-value Calculator Use and Reporting
- Building Control Outputs and EPC production
- The future of Part L and SAP
- The Competency Assessment Process
- A look at Quality Assurance Auditing
- Practical Workshops Using Design Sap 10
- Q&A session
Following this course you will be required to complete 5 test cases issued by Elmhurst to complete your portfolio. You will then be awarded with the Level 3 ABBE qualification in On Construction Domestic Energy Assessment, and will be eligible to join Elmhurst’s OCDEA Accreditation scheme.
|11 Dec 2023 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||Full|
|22 Jan 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||Full|
|25 Mar 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||6|
|24 Jun 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||7|
|15 Jul 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||8|
|9 Sep 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||7|
|9 Dec 2024 09:30||4 Days||Online (Live)||Online||8|