Contact Us
Member Login

Your cart is empty



Information for Businesses

Elmhurst operates the UK’s largest membership scheme for Energy Assessors. Although we do not directly provide Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), Display Energy Certificates (DECs) or Air Conditioning Inspections, our business is built on delivering unrivalled technical support to trained and qualified professionals; ensuring that building owners receive a trusted and quality service.

You can be rest assured that all Elmhurst accredited members are:

✅ expertly trained and qualified, with a comprehensive understanding of energy calculations and energy certificates
✅ able to provide helpful information to support your understanding of the energy certificate, the methodology behind it and the recommendations.
✅ fully supported, with access to government approved  software and dedicated support to ensure an accurate assessment is carried out.
✅ regularly audited to ensure ongoing competence in their work.
✅ compliant with the latest government regulations and standards.
✅ fully insured to protect clients from accidental damage and also the replacement of energy certificates that are shown to be defective.

Need to make a complaint?
Should you wish to make a complaint regarding an energy assessment produced by an Elmhurst accredited member, please follow our complaints procedure.

Need an Energy Certificate or Air Conditioning Inspection?

Elmhurst accredited members are trained and qualified to undertake assessments for new and existing buildings, nationwide. Use our search to find your nearest commercial energy professional.


Energy Certificates for Non-Domestic Buildings

Do you own or rent a non-domestic/commercial building (shop, office, hotel etc)? Then you will likely need a valid Non-Domestic EPC.

Not sure what an EPC is? Can’t quite understand why or when one is needed? or perhaps you have one and are unsure what information it is providing. Your questions answered, and more, just a click away.


Energy Certificates for Public Buildings

Do you have a building which is occupied by a public authority (eg council, leisure centre, college, NHS trust)? Chances are you will need either a Display Energy Certificate (DEC) or Non-Domestic EPC.

However, the size and location of the building will dictate what certificate you will need (and if you actually need one). More information just a click away.


Air Conditioning Inspections Explained

If you have an air conditioning system with an effective rated output of more than 12kW, then it must be regularly inspected by an energy assessor. Find out more about Air Conditioning inspections- what they are, as well as the information they provide.


Non-Domestic Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)

Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) are regulations that private rented landlords in England and Wales must comply with in order to let their building legally and reduce its carbon footprint.