On Construction Accreditation Scheme
Elmhurst's On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to energy assessors trained and qualified to undertake energy calculations using Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) software for newly constructed dwellings.
Elmhurst's scheme provides expert training and CPD to ensure assessors have the confidence to go out and produce new build Energy Performance Certificates. Accredited OCDEAs will also have access to Elmhurst's market leading SAP software which makes complex energy assessments simple.
Elmhurst regularly provides newsletters and bulletins to its members in order to widen their technical knowledge and give them the latest insights into trends and news effecting the onconstruction market. This regular communication is important as it adds to our members professionalism and competitiveness within the market.
Typically you will run into some issues in your day to day work; however our team of technical experts are just a call or email away from getting you the solution you need to continue your work unimpeded.
Become accredited as an On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor
Only individuals who are qualified and certificated with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid new build Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) software.
How to Join Elmhurst's OCDEA Accreditation scheme
|1. Recently qualified On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor or a member of another scheme|
|2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation||COMPLETE FORM >|
|3. Not qualified as a On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor but would like to train as one|
Why Elmhurst for OCDEA Accreditation Scheme?
Once qualified as an OCDEA, you are eligible to join Elmhurst’s award-winning accreditation scheme free of charge. Most assessors who train with us also choose to join our popular scheme, which is currently the largest in the UK and consistently receives high praise for outstanding technical support.
As an Elmhurst member you will receive continued support and training as well as access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Access to the industry’s most intuitive and up to date SAP Calculation software, Design SAP.
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents. and professional Design SAP software.
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here.
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD.
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered at locations around the UK.
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule.
- Access to free marketing materials- including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services. such as our Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Initial application for OCDEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent OCDEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/NDEA) to your initial OCDEA accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £7.05 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes