Approved Certifier of Design Scheme
Elmhurst Energy has soft launched its Approved Certifier of Design (Section 6-Domestic) accreditation scheme, which is conditionally approved by the Building Standards Division of the Scottish Government.
Elmhurst are making the final arrangements necessary with the Scottish Government in order to formally launch the Scheme and will announce training dates in due course.
If you are interested in receiving further information about Elmhurst's newest scheme or any upcoming Approved Certifier of Design training courses, please register your interest below.
Why become an Approved Certifier of Design?
As a registered Approved Certifier of Design (domestic) you can demonstrate a higher standard of work through comprehensive knowledge of building design and standards. The work is desk based and is recommended for new build energy assessors and those involved in the building design process. Approved Certifiers of Design can reduce the time and cost associated with defective work, and from this can gain a distinct advantage over less qualified competitors.
These certification services are sought after by building owners in Scotland, as a Section 6 Certificate of Design (domestic) issued by a qualified professional can speed up the warrant application process and can also result in a discount on the entire cost of the warrant fee.
Moreover, New Build Energy Assessors who qualify as Approved Certifiers of Design will have the authorisation to produce EPCs alongside these certificates, and will benefit from the increased level of service that they can offer to architects, self-builds and housing developers in Scotland.
Process to become an Approved Certifier of Design with Elmhurst Energy
|I am an accredited OCDEA with Elmhurst Energy||
Step 1: Register your interest in attending a future training course.
Step 2: Once booked onto a course you will be sent an email with a link to the scheme application form (AP120).
Step 3: Attend our three day Approved Certifier of Design course, and complete the necessary exams.
|I am an accredited OCDEA (New Build energy assessor) with another scheme||
Step 1: Switch your new build energy assessment services to Elmhurst Energy. You can enquire about switching by completing our online switch form.
Step 2: Once joined, please follow steps applicable to members.
|I am already trained and qualified as an Approved Certifier of Design, and I am with another scheme||
Step 1: If you are already trained and qualified you can join Elmhurst's scheme by completing and sending Elmhurst a completed AP120 form.
Why join Elmhurst's Approved Cerftifier of Design scheme?
Once qualified as an Approved Certifier of Design, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As the largest accreditation scheme in the UK, we pride ourselves on supporting our assessors in the best way that we can, and continue to invest in the services we provide. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents.
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here.
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD.
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered at locations around the UK.
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule.
- Access to free marketing materials- including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services. such as our Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Entry onto the Building Standards Division register- http://www.certificationregister.co.uk/
- Membership fee- £350 (not applicable if you attended ACD Training with Elmhurst)
- Annual Renewal fee- £350 + VAT
£30 + VAT
Charged per Certificate