This 1-day online course will show you how to use the IES Virtual Environment to perform overheating risk analyses for a variety of current guidelines and methodologies. This is in preparation for new Building Regulations due to come into force in 2022 which will see calculation of overheating risk be taken out of Part L and replaced by a new Building Regulation supported by a new Approved Document O. Please be aware that this Online training is delivered in a lecture style, so you do not need to use the IESVE during the session
Pre-requisite On-Demand Dynamic Simulation Training
You will receive 1 year’s access to IES’s On-Demand Learning material which must be completed before attending the one-day online Overheating course. On the day of the Overheating course you must have completed the IES On-Demand training. Once you have received access to this training material we are unable to refund the On-Demand training fee of £350.
- ModelIT: Building geometry creation and editing tool
- SunCast: Solar shading analysis
- ApacheSim: Dynamic thermal simulation tool
- MacroFlo: Natural ventilation tool
2 sessions of 2.5 hours each, at 10am and 2:00pm + pre-requisite On-Demand training.
- The causes of overheating
- An overview of current guidelines and methodologies related to overheating; CIBSE TM52, CIBSE TM59, Part O, CIBSE TM49, CIBSE Guide A, BB101, BREEAM Hea04, HTM 03-01, The London Plan
- Using the IES Virtual Environment to assess the risk of overheating for:
- CIBSE TM52
- CIBSE TM59
- Part O
- BB101 2018 for schools
- BREEAM 2018 Hea04 Thermal Comfort
- HTM 03-01 for healthcare premises
- The London Plan – Cooling and Overheating
Once completed this course will give you access to join the Elmhurst Overheating Competency Scheme once competency has been assessed, where you will receive;
- Industry recognition of competence to undertake Overheating risk assessments.
- Addition to our list of competent Overheating Risk Assessors available on our website.
- Technical support to members on Overheating regulations and carrying out Overheating Risk Assessments.
- Updates on future Building Regulation and technical standard changes in regards to Overheating.
Note: Online training is delivered in a lecture style, so you do not need to use the IESVE during the session.
Pre-requisite on demand training £350.00 plus VAT
1 Day Overheating training £250.00 plus VAT
|19 Apr 2024 10:00
|1 Day Live Training + 21 Hours pre-requisite