Amendments to Energy Performance of Buildings (England and Wales) Regulations 2012, April 2015
We’ve received the notice below from DCLG advising of price changes in England and Wales: Amendments to Energy Performance of Buildings (England and Wales) Regulations 2012, April 2015
The Department has now laid in Parliament amendments to the Energy Performance of Buildings Regulations (England and Wales) 2012.
These changes can be found at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/id/uksi/2015/609.
The most important update for schemes is that the statutory fees for lodging the data from which certificates and reports may be produced on to the Energy Performance of Buildings registers is changing on 6 April 2015, as follows:
• Domestic lodgements: currently £1.30, changing to £1.27
• Non-domestic lodgements: currently £9.73, changing to £11.66.
The level of the lodgement fees are set to cover the full costs of operating the Registers. Changes to the lodgement fee reflect a review of forecast lodgement levels during the coming year and the addition of VAT on the Register operator’s service costs. I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that no VAT is charged on top of the lodgement fees themselves because they are statutory fees (to which VAT can not apply).
For your information, the other Regulatory changes include:
• The fees that must be charged for the provision of data packs;
• The packs in which data from the registers may be provided;
• Specification of who is responsible for ensuring that the energy performance indicator is included in any advertisement for sale or rent in the commercial media; and,
• Clarification that the inspection of air-conditioning systems should be of “accessible parts” of that system, and that the resulting reports must include cost-effective recommendations for improving energy performance.
For further information about these amendments, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org.