Elmhurst Standard Member Cover
Elmhurst Energy's insurance policy covers the activities of Elmhurst accredited members in the production of reports and certificates; giving our members and their clients peace of mind.
As a trained and qualified energy assessor who is accredited with a government approved accreditation scheme, you will need to arrange Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) insurance in order to cover the work you do as an Energy Assessor (something which is stated within the Scheme Operating Requirements).
However unlike other schemes, Elmhurst accredited members will be automatically covered for the lodgement of their reports and certificates through our systems.
Standard Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Cover
Energy assessors can often find it difficult to win public contracts due to the level of cover required. However, Elmhurst members can benefit from increased PI and PL insurance cover which gives them the best chance of winning public sector contracts with local councils, government authorities and larger property developers.
Professional Indemnity insurance is there to cover you in the unlikely event that a mistake or error has been made when carrying out work for a customer. This could include incorrect written advice or mistakes within energy calculations. Elmhurst's insurance policy covers you for up to £10,000,000 in a single claim, absorbing the legal costs and expenses in defending the claim, as well as compensation to rectify the mistake/s that have been made.
Accidents happen, however Public Liability insurance can cover personal injury or property damage claims made against you or your business by members of the public. The £10,000,000 cover available for Elmhurst members can cover the compensation and legal expenses incurred by the claims process.
As energy assessors regularly interact with members of the public there is a greater risk of claims being made, which is why it is important to have this insurance in place.
Members can access a summary of Elmhurst's insurance policy and the cover provided, from Access Elmhurst.
Elmhurst Energy's insurance policy covers the activities of Elmhurst accredited members in the production of:
- Energy Performance Certificates,
- Technical Surveys in conjunction with Energy Performance Certificates,
- Energy Performance Reports,
- Green Deal Advice Reports,
- Inventory Reports,
- Non-dwelling Energy Performance Certificates,
- Display Energy Certificates,
- Display Energy Certificates plus Advisory report,
- Advisory report,
- New Build Dwellings As-Designed Compliance Reports,
- On-Construction Energy Performance Certificates,
- As-built Compliance reports when produced in conjunction with a corresponding lodged On-Construction Energy Performance Certificate,
- Block Compliance reports,
- Zero Carbon Reports,
- Energy Company Obligation,
- Legionella Assessment reports,
- Air Conditioning Inspection Reports,
- Section 63 Actions Plans,
- Predicted Energy Assessments
- Air Tightness Tests
- Thermal imaging inspection reports
- Ventilation testing and commissioning reports
Anthony James Insurance Brokers Ltd act as the insurance brokers for Elmhurst Energy Systems Ltd. All insurance provided by Elmhurst is insured by Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd, authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.