Looking for Enhanced Cover?
Elmhurst Energys's insurance partner, Towergate, have teamed up with Caunce O’Hara (Markel Insurance Company) to provide insurance solutions for energy and retrofit professionals, to ensure that additional activities are fully covered.
Who are Towergate?
With 1850 employees, and over 50 offices stretching from Inverness to Jersey Towergate Insurance Brokers has a large footprint and national reach making it one of the UK’s largest insurance brokers.
With 100s of insurance and risk management products and over 80 schemes and specialisms the majority of members insurance requirements can be catered for.Find out more about Towergate
What are members already covered for?
Elmhurst Energy's insurance policy currently provides free Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) cover up to the value of £5 million. This policy covers the activities of Elmhurst accredited members for the production of Energy Certificates and reports from other related disciplines.
However, additional activities commonly undertaken by energy assessors such as offering advice (non-verbal, binding), providing explanations, and also giving guidance to property owners, is not covered by this policy. These activities are crucial for energy assessors who want to deliver a full energy assessment and advice service to their clients.
Towergate have teamed up with Caunce O’Hara to provide insurance solutions for energy and retrofit professionals, to ensure that additional activities are fully covered.
Call Towergate for a quote:
0330 678 0621
Get a quote online:GET A QUOTE >
Once you click the button above you will be navigated to a Caunce O'hara web portal.
Obtaining quotations for Enhanced PI Cover through Towergate
Elmhurst members can obtain quotations for PI cover to undertake the following activities provided below:Activities Covered
- Energy assessment using the methodology for which the assessor is accredited, but where the reports are not submitted to Elmhurst
- Production of ad hoc reports to demonstrate the viability of energy saving improvements
- Floor plan diagrams for use by the agent in promoting the property for sale or rent
- Photographs for use by the agent in promoting the property for sale or rent
- Energy saving actions that the occupants can do for themselves
- Explanation of the energy assessment methodology
- Referring building owners to the government endorsed list of approved installers that are able to deliver the recommended measure
- Advice on energy efficiency legislation that impacts on building owners (e.g. minimum energy efficiency regulations) and how to meet them or to claim exemption
- Offering advice to achieve building regulatory compliance calculations to establish a building's energy performance such as: Psi-value calculations, U-Value calculations, Water use calculations and Overheating calculations
Towergate Insurance Brokers is a trading name of Advisory Insurance Brokers Limited.
Registered in England No.4043759. Registered Address: 2 Minster Court, Mincing Lane, London, EC3R 7PD.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.