Non Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation
Elmhurst’s Non Domestic Energy Assessor (NDEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to energy assessors trained and qualified to complete energy calculations, using approved Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) software on commercial buildings.
Elmhurst’s accreditation scheme ensures NDEAs have the skills and knowledge to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge Energy Performance Certificates for Commercial Buildings in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Energy assessments on commercial properties are typically more complex, with a variety of factors contributing towards the energy calculations. However Elmhurst Energy’s market leading technical support ensures that NDEAs aren’t left facing a problem for too long.
The quality of training and Continuing Professional Development also contributes towards the success of our assessors, who are able to effectively grow their skills and industry knowledge to help them to deliver excellent service quality for their customers.
Only individuals who are qualified and certificated with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) software.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to become an accredited Non Domestic Energy Assessor, you can complete either of the forms below.
Switching to Elmhurst from another scheme?
Accredited assessors from any other scheme can switch to Elmhurst Energy free of charge and can receive all the benefits communicated below. Whether you qualified or undertook the APEL route we provide options to ensure switching is quick and easy. We advise you call our team on 01455 883 231 to discuss your requirements before filling in the online application.
NDEA Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as an NDEA, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As the largest accreditation scheme in the UK, we pride ourselves on supporting our assessors in the best way that we can, and continue to invest in the services we provide. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising NDEA will need
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- ID Card
- Certified Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our Non Domestic Team via phone or email
- Latest government updates and conventions
- Low cost lodgement fees
- 'Search for an Elmhurst Energy Assessor' online facility so members of the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst's assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate.
- Use of the Elmhurst Energy accredited Assessor logo
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation.
- Easy to complete online accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork.
- Initial application for NDEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent NDEA annual renewal is free of chargeif you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial NDEA accreditation – FREE
- An Additional Monitoring fee of£60.00 + VAT will be made to those who have failed targeted audits and as a result are subject to 'heightened QA'
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE, non direct debit payments are subject to a surcharge of 3% (minimum of £3.00). You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £25.00 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes