Display Energy Certificate Accreditation
Display Energy Certificates (DECs) are helping those running public buildings and local authorities to identify opportunities to become more energy efficient and save money. If you are considering a career providing DEC assessments we have the training and accreditation to suit your needs.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Display Energy Certificates (DECs) using the relevant Operational Rating (OR) software.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to become an accredited DEC Assessor, you can complete either of the below forms.
Switching to Elmhurst from another scheme?
Certified assessors from any other scheme have the option to switch to Elmhurst free of charge and receive all the benefits communicated below. Whether you qualified or undertook the APEL route we provide options to ensure switching is quick and easy. We advise you call our team on 01455 883 231 to discuss your requirements before filling in the online application.
DEC Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as a DEC Assessor, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As one of the most popular energy rating organisations in the UK, we pride ourselves in supporting our assessors the best way we can. By joining the Elmhurst accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising DEC assessor will need
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- ID Card
- Certified Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our Non Domestic Team via phone or email
- Latest government updates and conventions
- Low cost lodgement fees
- 'Search for an Elmhurst Assessor' online facility so members of the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate
- Use of the Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation
- Easy to complete online accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork
- Initial application for DEC accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEC annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 DECs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 DECs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEC accreditation – FREE
- An Additional Monitoring fee of £60.00 + VAT will be made to those who have failed targeted audits and as a result are subject to 'heightened QA'
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE, non direct debit payments are subject to a surcharge of 3% (minimum of £3.00). You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst DEC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £12.50 entry price is subject to the volume of DECs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes.