Display Energy Certificate Accreditation
Display Energy Certificates (DECs) are helping those running public buildings and local authorities to identify opportunities to become more energy efficient and save money. If you are considering a career providing DEC assessments we have the training and accreditation to suit your needs.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Display Energy Certificates (DECs) using the relevant Operational Rating (OR) software.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to become an accredited DEC Assessor, you can complete either of the below forms.
How to Join Elmhurst's Display Energy Certificate Accreditation Scheme
1. Already qualified and lodging energy assessments with another scheme
2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation
|3. Not qualified as a DEC Assessor|
DEC Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as a DEC Assessor, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As the largest accreditation scheme in the UK, we pride ourselves on supporting our assessors in the best way that we can, and continue to invest in the services we provide. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising DEC assessor will need
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- ID Card
- Certified Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our Non Domestic Team via phone or email
- Latest government updates and conventions
- Low cost lodgement fees
- 'Search for an Elmhurst Assessor' online facility so members of the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate
- Use of the Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation
- Easy to complete online accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork
- Initial application for DEC accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEC annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 DECs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 DECs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEC accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst DEC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £12.50 entry price is subject to the volume of DECs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes.