Legionella Risk Assessment Scheme for Dwellings
Our Legionella Risk Assessment Scheme provides an opportunity for Energy Assessors and other property professionals to expand their service offering, creating an additional revenue stream alongside their energy assessments.
The Scheme is proving popular with assessors especially during the winter months as Legionella Risk Assessments do not require daylight in the way that energy assessments do.
Background to Legionella
In the right conditions Legionella bacteria can exist in the water system of a domestic property which may lead to Legionnaire's disease, a potentially fatal form of Pneumonia. Under health and safety law, landlords of residential properties must ensure the health and safety of their tenants. This requires landlords to have an understanding of what could pose a risk to their tenants, or appoint somebody competent who knows how to identify and assess sources of risk, manage and prevent them.
Elmhurst Energy has devised a training and accreditation scheme that gives individuals all the knowledge, skills and tools to offer Legionella Risk Assessments that will help landlords to meet their legal obligations.
The first thing to make clear is that Health and Safety law does not require landlords to produce a ‘Legionnaires testing certificate'.
Organisations, or individuals who provide residential accommodation, must properly assess and control the risk of exposure to Legionella in their premises, which means that all water systems require a Legionella Risk Assessment.
How to Apply
We provide a simple application process for existing Elmhurst members and for those who are new to Elmhurst or energy assessments. You will be up and running, entering and submitting Legionella Risk Assessments in no time. Application forms can be downloaded or completed online.
About the Legionella Risk Assessment Scheme
The scheme has three components;
1) A one day training course with a short test to demonstrate what has been learned.
2) An accreditation scheme which gives confidence to users of the service that the persons are fit and proper, competent and their assessments are insured.
3) An online app which collects evidence from the assessments process, including photographs for key property features. and produces a professional certificate for you to deliver to your clients
The whole process is insured too!
Insurance (INCLUDED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE)
Elmhurst provides access to a facility for Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance, that provides cover for the assessment that leads to the issue of an energy certificate, and the work you do, in producing a Legionella Risk Assessment is included as part of your accreditation.
Our dedicated technical support teams utilise their first-hand experience to offer advice when you need it. They consistently hit the quality mark of answering 90% of calls within 90 seconds, ensuring members can achieve maximum productivity and resolve queries on site.
Initial application for accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 assessments or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have submitted less than 25 assessments in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is 95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands to your initial Legionella Risk Assessment Accreditation – FREE
- Payment of submission fees by direct debit is FREE, non direct debit payments are subject to a surcharge of 3% (minimum of £3.00).
Fee for submitting a Legionella Risk Assessment
£5.00 (plus VAT) - per submission of assessment report