Elmhurst Energy launches new Manifesto for Change 2019
Leading energy performance measurement specialists Elmhurst Energy has launched its new ‘Manifesto for Change’.
For the last six years Elmhurst Energy has developed a manifesto, which the company believes underlines the highest priority actions for government and industry to reduce fuel poverty, energy consumption and our impact on climate change. The manifesto provides focus for the year ahead on which the company seeks to exert influence at every opportunity.
“Now more than ever we need to focus on making sure the importance of the energy efficiency and energy performance measurement is not lost,” explains Martyn Reed, Managing Director of Elmhurst Energy. “Our new manifesto focuses on making the Energy Certificate fit for purpose, technologically smarter and accessible so that energy professionals can move to improve and effectively measure energy efficiency within buildings.”
The seven steps in the Manifesto include:
- Industry should work together to drive up the quality of Energy Certificates
- All new buildings should achieve at least the level of energy efficiency performance defined in the current Building Regulations
- The Energy Certificate needs an update
- Energy Certificates always reflect the current state of the property
- Ensure the quality of energy assessments undertaken for planning and Building Regulations compliance
- Energy Certificates and Energy Certificate data should be open access for use by all stakeholders.
- Energy Certificates should be a requirement for all buildings
The first copies of the Manifesto were distributed at Elmhurst’s sell-out annual conference in February, where it was enthusiastically received.
Elmhurst has always been proactive in shaping the industry for the benefit of assessors and those affected by fuel poverty, and never shies away from taking the lead. It is hoped that by continuing to take bold steps, the energy assessment industry will continue on its positive trajectory.
You can read the Manifesto here.