5 Hours CPD
Suitable for: Existing OCDEAs and NDEA Level 4 Assessors.
Elmhurst's U-Value Competency scheme is aimed at OCDEAs and Level 4 NDEAs who wish to gain additional validity for their U-Value calculations. Our reputable scheme reinforces the good work of assessors by providing a robust framework that monitors their work, and provides a recognised seal of approval to prospective clients.
During the course you will use either Elmhurst U-Value calculator or Design SAP software while advancing your knowledge of U-Values and building on your existing skills.
Upon successfull completion of the course, you will be eligible to join Elmhurst's U-Value Scheme which gives you access to Elmhurst U-Value Competency Scheme logo for marketing purposes and inclusion on Elmhurst's list of competent scheme members on the Elmhurst website.
- Introduction to U-Values & overview of scheme
- Science of thermal performance
- Common constructions in new build dwellings
- Principals of U-Values calculations
- U-Value calculation methods
- Guide through data entry in the Elmhurst U-Value calculator software
- Walkthrough example U-Value calculations
- Sample workshop calculations
- Q & A
Process to become a Competent Person under the Scheme:
- Complete the booking form reference AP111 on line
- Attend our One Day U-Value Course (CPD course &/or entry course to competency scheme)
- 10 test cases provided during training course - 4 weeks to complete test cases with 100% pass rate requirement*
- Subject to satisfactory completion of test cases you will attain certification of defined areas of competency detailed below -
- The combined calculation method BS EN ISO 6946:2007
- U-Value Conventions BR443: 2006
- Floors (slab on ground & suspended) BS EN ISO 13370: 2007
- Elements covered - Masonry & timber walls, roofs & floors
£295.00 plus VAT
Booking a course
You can book a course online or by ringing our On-Construction support team directly on 01455 883236. Our support teams are always happy to provide more information about a course should you require it.
Please Note: The online booking system closes 2 working days prior to each event. In some cases it is still possible to take bookings over the phone the day before an event.
All certified energy assessors in the UK must adhere to a mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD) policy. Details of which are located in section 7 of the Elmhurst Code of Conduct.