Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation Scheme
Elmhurst’s Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to all trained and qualified energy assessors. Our DEA scheme provides access to reliable technical support, easy to use energy assessment software, as well as opportunities for you to develop your career.
Elmhurst’s accreditation scheme ensures DEAs have the skills and knowledge to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Our comprehensive auditing process and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training (CPD) ensures that Elmhurst members maintain high standards, and continue to grow their skills as well as their industry knowledge. This guarantees excellent service quality for your customers and gives you a competitive advantage.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant reduced data Standard Assessment Procedure (RdSAP) software.
How to apply
New Members and Members from other Schemes
If you would like to apply to become an Elmhurst accredited Domestic Energy Assessor and have received the appropriate training from Elmhurst or another provider, please complete either of the forms below:
If you already have an accreditation with Elmhurst and would like to add the DEA accreditation as an additional accreditation account please complete our AP42 form linked below:
Switching to Elmhurst from another scheme?
Accredited assessors from any other scheme can switch to Elmhurst Energy free of charge and can receive all the benefits communicated below. We invite you to call our dedicated team on 01455 883 257 to discuss your requirements, to ensure a quick and easy switching proces.
DEA Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as a DEA, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As the largest accreditation scheme in the UK, we pride ourselves on supporting our assessors in the best way that we can, and continue to invest in the services we provide. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising DEA will need, as well as access to Elmhurst's RdSAP software
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- ID Card
- Accreditation Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our Existing Dwellings Team via phone or email
- RdSAP manual and regular updates
- Benefits of the Elmhurst Energy 'reducing' lodgement fee schedule
- 'Search for an Elmhurst Energy Assessor' online facility so members of the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst's assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate.
- Use of the Elmhurst Energy accredited Assessor logo
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation.
- Easy to complete online accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork.
- Initial application for DEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. NDEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEA accreditation– FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
£5.30*Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £5.30 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes