Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation Scheme
Elmhurst’s Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to all trained and qualified energy assessors. Our DEA scheme provides access to reliable technical support, easy to use energy assessment software, as well as opportunities for you to develop your career.
Elmhurst’s accreditation scheme ensures DEAs have the skills and knowledge to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Our comprehensive auditing process and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training (CPD) ensures that Elmhurst members maintain high standards, and continue to grow their skills as well as their industry knowledge. This guarantees excellent service quality for your customers and gives you a competitive advantage.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant reduced data Standard Assessment Procedure (RdSAP) software.
How to become an accredited DEA with Elmhurst
Those already trained and qualified as a Domestic Energy Assessor are welcome to joing the Elmhurst DEA Accreditation scheme
How to Join Elmhurst's DEA Accreditation scheme
|1. Recently qualified Domestic Energy Assessor or a member of another scheme|
2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation
|3. Not qualified as a Domestic Energy Assessor but would like to train as one|
Benefits of DEA Accreditation with Elmhurst
Once qualified as a DEA, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As the largest accreditation scheme in the UK, we pride ourselves on supporting our assessors in the best way that we can, and continue to invest in the services we provide. By joining the Elmhurst's accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to 'Access Elmhurst', our portal for accredited assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising DEA will need, as well as access to Elmhurst's RdSAP software
- Access to the Market Leading EPC Mobile Software- RdSAP GO
- Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance included as part of your accreditation.
- Regular newsletters and technical bulletins to keep your knowledge fresh and up-to-date.
- Communication updates on 'industry latest'
- Marketing Material to help you sell your services
- On the job technical support from our Existing Dwellings Team via phone or email
- Entry onto 'Search for an Elmhurst Energy Assessor' where the public can specifically 'look up' Elmhurst's assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate for members.
- Initial application for DEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. NDEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEA accreditation– FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
£5.30*Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £5.30 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes