Non-Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation
Elmhurst’s Non-Domestic Energy Assessor (NDEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to energy assessors trained and qualified to complete energy calculations, using approved Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) software on commercial buildings.
Elmhurst’s accreditation scheme ensures NDEAs have the skills and knowledge to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge Energy Performance Certificates for Commercial Buildings in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Energy assessments on commercial properties are typically more complex, with a variety of factors contributing towards the energy calculations. However Elmhurst Energy’s market leading technical support ensures that NDEAs aren’t left facing a problem for too long.
The quality of training and Continuing Professional Development also contributes towards the success of our assessors, who are able to effectively grow their skills and industry knowledge to help them to deliver excellent service quality for their customers.
Become accredited as a Non-Domestic Energy Assessor
Only individuals who are qualified and certificated with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid commercial Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM) software.
Already a qualified NDEA?
If you have already qualified as an NDEA or are accredited with another accreditation scheme, please click this box to access the AP41 application form.
Want to create a corporate account?
Organisations can register a corporate account with Elmhurst. This account allows Elmhurst accredited members to lodge/submit energy assessments for an organisation. please click this box to access the relevant AP41 application form .
Not currently qualified as an NDEA?
Elmhurst offers City and Guilds NDEA qualification courses for new entrants as well as an APEL training route for those with more experience in the industry
Why join Elmhurst's NDEA Accreditation Scheme?
Once qualified as an NDEA, you are eligible to join Elmhurst’s award-winning accreditation scheme free of charge. Most assessors who train with us also choose to join our popular scheme, which is currently the largest in the UK and consistently receives high praise for outstanding technical support.
As an Elmhurst member you will receive continued support and training as well as access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Access to the industry’s most intuitive and up to date software, including industry favourite SBEM Online.
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents and professional SBEM software.
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here.
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD.
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered at locations around the UK.
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule.
- Access to free marketing materials- including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services.
- Initial application for NDEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent NDEA annual renewal is free of chargeif you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £150 + VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial NDEA accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £25.50 entry price is subject to the volume of energy certificates that you lodge, therefore, the more you lodge the cheaper it becomes