Domestic Energy Assessor Accreditation Scheme
Elmhurst’s Domestic Energy Assessor (DEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to all trained and qualified energy assessors. Our DEA scheme provides access to reliable technical support, easy to use energy assessment software, as well as opportunities for you to develop your career.
Elmhurst’s accreditation scheme ensures DEAs have the skills and knowledge to deliver professional energy assessments, and lodge Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Our comprehensive auditing process and Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training (CPD) ensures that Elmhurst members maintain high standards, and continue to grow their skills as well as their industry knowledge. This guarantees excellent service quality for your customers and gives you a competitive advantage.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant reduced data Standard Assessment Procedure (RdSAP) software.
How to become an accredited DEA with Elmhurst
Those already trained and qualified as a Domestic Energy Assessor are welcome to join the Elmhurst DEA Accreditation scheme
How to Join Elmhurst's DEA Accreditation scheme
|1. Recently qualified Domestic Energy Assessor or a member of another scheme|
2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation
|3. Not qualified as a Domestic Energy Assessor but would like to train as one|
Benefits of DEA Accreditation with Elmhurst
Once qualified as an DEA, you are eligible to join Elmhurst’s award-winning accreditation scheme free of charge. Most assessors who train with us also choose to join our popular scheme, which is currently the largest in the UK and consistently receives high praise for outstanding technical support.
As an Elmhurst member you will receive continued support and training as well as access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Access to the industry’s most intuitive and up to date software, RdSAP and mobile application RdSAP Go (compatible with iOS and android devices).
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents. and professional RdSAP software.
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here.
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD.
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered at locations around the UK.
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule.
- Access to free marketing materials- including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services. such as our Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Initial application for DEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. NDEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEA accreditation– FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
£5.30*Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £5.30 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes