Display Energy Certificate Accreditation
Display Energy Certificates (DECs) are helping those running public buildings and local authorities to identify opportunities to become more energy efficient and save money. If you are considering a career providing DEC assessments we have the training and accreditation to suit your needs.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Display Energy Certificates (DECs) using the relevant Operational Rating (OR) software.
How to apply
If you would like to apply to become an accredited DEC Assessor, you can complete either of the below forms.
How to Join Elmhurst's Display Energy Certificate Accreditation Scheme
1. Already qualified and lodging energy assessments with another scheme
2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation
|3. Not qualified as a DEC Assessor|
DEC Accreditation Scheme
Once qualified as an DEC Assessor, you are eligible to join Elmhurst’s award-winning accreditation scheme free of charge. Most assessors who train with us also choose to join our popular scheme, which is currently the largest in the UK and consistently receives high praise for outstanding technical support.
As an Elmhurst member you will receive continued support and training as well as access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents.
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here.
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD.
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm.
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered at locations around the UK.
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule.
- Access to free marketing materials- including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services.
- Initial application for DEC accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent DEC annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 DECs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 DECs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £150.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial DEC accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst DEC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £12.75 entry price is subject to the volume of Display Energy Certificates that you lodge, therefore, the more you lodge the cheaper it becomes.