SAP Energy Software
Our investment in our SAP energy software goes beyond incorporating new regulations and conventions in a smooth and timely manner. New Build Dwellings are perhaps the most complex when it comes to energy assessment procedures, particularly when you are working on large housing developments.
We believe that quality SAP EPC software should constantly challenge and resolve that complexity to help you achieve the highest assessment standards whilst freeing up your time to focus on income generating activity.
What is Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP)?
SAP is the government's national calculation methodology for the energy efficiency assessment of newly constructed (new build) dwellings. Elmhurst Energy's Design SAP 2012 software is used for building energy calculations throughout the On Construction industry. Our SAP EPC Software is used by many leading industry professionals including the likes of consultants, manufacturers, house builders, Building Control/Standards Bodies, Universities/Colleges etc.
About Design SAP
All versions of Elmhurst's Design SAP Software are fully BRE tested and Government approved; they calculate the necessary building regulations/standards for England (Part L), Wales (Part L) and Scotland (Section 6).
Design SAP 2012 calculates the SAP rating, the environmental impact rating (EIR), the dwelling emission rate (DER), the target emission rate (TER), the dwelling fabric energy efficiency (DFEE) and the target fabric energy efficiency (TFEE) as well as incorporating Elmhurst's professional U-Value calculator.
Elmhurst's Design SAP Energy Software differs to other SAP EPC software as it can be used by either accredited On Construction energy assessors (OCDEAs) who can produce new build PEAs and EPCs as well as Building Regulation/Standards calculations, or by individuals that aren't accredited, to produce basic Building Regulation/Standards calculations.
Features and Benefits
We continue to develop new functionality and make improvements to our leading Design SAP software. This ensures that our software remains first choice for SAP Calculations. A list of new and recently added features is provided below:
- Easy to follow Building Regulations/Standards compliance display for Part L1 2013 and Part L1 2014 (wales) standards and also section 6 2015 (scotland) – shows results in ‘real time’.
- Import from Design SAP 2009 – quick facility to import surveys, properties or U-Value calculations into Design SAP 2012.
- Includes our industry leading U-Value calculator with a comprehensive list of building materials.
- Block compliance report showing average DER/TER and DFEE/TFEE for multiple dwellings.
- Comprehensive ‘Batch’ processing facilities including automatic calculation of linear lengths for thermal bridging junctions. Lengths of SAP 2012 bridges R1, R2 and R3 will now also be imported for you.
- Personalisation of reports with company logos and details.
- Professional output reports with a straightforward layout and structure
- Automatic notifications & updates.
- Reference section covering software, technical and regulatory information for all regions.
- Data backup & restore facility for peace of mind.
- software supported by the industry's most experienced technical support team.
- Lodgements of EPCs.
- Requesting of UPRNs.
- Report creation.
- Batch survey updating e.g. update 100 properties with a new boiler at once.
- Flexible data management- user's now have the ability to split the database into multiple 'Projects'. The user can select any one of these projects when logging in to Design SAP 2012
- gbXML Converter (only available for Elmhurst Members)
- Search for local air tester facility, required for As-Built Sap Calculations
Design Stage Assessment Submission
For accredited OCDEAs there is now the option to submit design stage assessments to the Elmhurst member’s portal. The benefits of submitting a design stage assessment include;
- creation of a report which combines the Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) and Building Regulations Compliance reports
- reports created from submitted assessments include Elmhurst's quality promise and accredited assessor logos
- the assessment and associated reports are fully insured by Elmhurst
- the assessment is quality assured by Elmhurst
An example of a report created from a submitted design stage assessment can be found here.
Import records from Plan Assessor
For users of NHER’s Plan Assessor software there is now a facility to convert Plan Assessor records into Design SAP 2012. Records can be converted in bulk for easy transfer into Design SAP 2012.
Personalised views of assessment data
Design SAP 2012 allows you to choose which data fields are displayed for Assessments. This allows easy comparison of Assessments and their associated data without having to open Assessments individually.
The exchange of data from multiple CAD software/energy modelling tools to Design SAP is an important step into Building Information Modelling (BIM), where users can take information from 3D Models and build an accurate energy profile through Elmhurst's Design SAP.
Elmhurst Members now have access to a gbXML converter within the OCDEA Zone in Access Elmhurst. With this tool members can convert multiple gbXML files exported from leading CAD packages, such as AutoCAD, IES and SketchUp, at the click of a button to speed up, and reduce errors, in your SAP assessments.
For more information on the gbXML scheme and to view a list of compatible software products, please click here.
Search for Air Tightness Tester
Elmhurst Energy Assessors can now search for a registered air tester nearby, when they require an air pressure test for their SAP Calculations.
Design SAP and Home Quality Mark (HQM)
The Home Quality Mark (HQM), which has been created by BRE as a replacement for the Code for Sustainable Homes, allows house builders to demonstrate the high quality of their homes and to differentiate them in the marketplace.
Elmhurst Energy are supporting this new national quality mark, by providing integration between the HQM scheme and our industry leading SAP EPC software; simplyfying and speeding up the time taken to produce Home Quality Mark Assessments.
Energy assessors can now use Elmhurst’s Design SAP software to export an output file which can be uploaded directly into BRE’s system. This means that SAP Data can be sent to and used by HQM assessors to develop an accurate quality rating for new build homes.
NEW Design SAP 10 Beta
Get a head start with Elmhurst's Design SAP 10 Beta - one of the only SAP 10 software tools in the industry. FREE with a Design SAP license. Elmhurst’s Design SAP 10 Beta will allow you to preview all the new data inputs and requirements for SAP 10 before it is introduced into building regulations, enabling you to prepare clients for the new information they will need to provide for assessments.
Purchase Design SAP
Call our On Construction DEA team on 01455 883 236 to discuss a quote for Elmhurst's Design SAP software or complete our software application form. We offer two licence packages depending on your requirements;
Basic Licence: this allows users access to the SAP assessment module only
Premium Licence: this allows users full access to the SAP assessment, U-Value Calculator and Batch Processing modules.
Elmhurst Accredited Assessors
Price per user (Annual Fee)
|Price per user (Annual Fee)|
|£175 + VAT||£250 + VAT|
|£195 + VAT||£295 + VAT|
Design SAP 2005 and 2009
For SAP calculations that are to be calculated against previous Regulations/Standards, we also offer Design SAP 2005 and 2009 software products. These are available at no extra cost to our 2012 Design SAP users.
For any calculations completed in Design SAP 2005 or 2009 there is no requirement to import these calculations into Design SAP 2012 to produce EPCs. Simply lodge directly through either Design SAP 2005 or 2009 and our lodgement server will do the rest!