Solar PV CPD Training Course
With the swift reduction in the cost of solar PV systems during recent years they are now more affordable than ever, and despite ongoing reductions in the government’s feed in tariff (FIT) payments, PV continues to be a worthwhile investment with guaranteed returns. Continual advances in technology mean that panels are becoming increasingly efficient, and devices such as micro inverters and power optimisers mean it is possible to maintain a substantial output, even in less than ideal conditions. Recent developments also mean that affordable battery storage is on the verge of being available, with companies including Tesla, Mercedes Benz and Ecotricity competing to produce a reasonably priced solution.
The main benefits of PV are as follows:
- Easy return on investment
- Reduced electricity bills- a 4Kw system could save up to £750 per year in electricity
- Payment from the government for generating electricity and for exporting it back to the grid
- Reduced carbon footprint
- Could add value to a property
- Affordable battery storage will soon be available, meaning generated electricity could be used at night
Elmhurst’s solar PV CPD course has been written by an experienced Electrician and PV installer, and gives a detailed insight into the technology itself, the components which make up a PV generator, how to carry out a survey, design and commission a complete system, and how to calculate how much electricity it will produce. On completion, candidates will be equipped with the knowledge to be able to carry out a site survey prior to installation of a PV array, giving the potential to offer this service alongside EPCs if required.
- What is solar PV?
- Photovoltaic technology
- Solar modules and arrays
- Mounting systems
- Cables, connectors and isolation
- Battery systems - the future?
- Electrical installation requirements
- Labelling and schematic design
- The site survey and system design
- Performance estimation and shading assessment
- Standards and Regulations
- The Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Maintenance of PV systems
To view our upcoming solar PV courses please click here.