Why become Accredited with Elmhurst Energy?
Once you have qualified as an energy assessor you can apply to become accredited with the UK's largest accreditation scheme. Even if you've trained elsewhere you can still apply to become Elmhurst accredited.
If you are looking for an accreditation scheme which offers competitive lodgement fees, market leading software, professional technical support, opportunities to enhance your skills, as well as tools to build a competitive business; then Elmhurst Energy is the accreditation scheme for you.
With over 20 years of industry experience and expert knowledge of government legislation, Elmhurst Energy are constantly driving high standards throughout all their services. We accredit individuals for many different schemes and cover all five types of EPBD certificate report (Domestic and Non-domestic EPCs, Display Energy Certificates (DECs), Legionella Risk Assessments and now Air Conditioning Reports)
By becoming accredited with Elmhurst you will benefit from:
- Access to professional, easy to use online and mobile software
- Market leading technical support you can rely on
- Links to supporting documents through our secure members area (Access Elmhurst)
- An extensive range of CPD courses, including online webinars and regional events- discounted for Elmhurst's Members
- Marketing Material to help you sell your services
- Regular updates through newsletters, and industry news to keep you ahead of your competitors
- Opportunities to expand into different areas of energy assessment through Elmhurst's training courses and schemes
- Free CPD hours delivered through technical bulletins, newsletters and networking events
if you would like to find out more about what Elmhurst has to offer for you, you can contact us on 01455 883 250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
STEP 1: Become accredited with Elmhurst
You can become accredited with Elmhurst by completing the AP41 linked below.
If you need any help completing this form please feel free to contact the support team.
Complete Form >
If you have two of the last five years' experience in the industry, please complete our APEL transfer form below
Complete APEL transfer Form >
STEP 2: Confirmation
After your form has been processed, the team will send you a welcome email which will provide you with everything you need to log in to Elmhurst's members portal (Access Elmhurst).
You will also be provided with links to guidance documents and other useful information to set you off on the right foot.
An example of what you should receive is provided below.
Example Welcome Email >
STEP 3: Start Working
You will receive a welcome pack by post which will contain important information, such as your accreditation certificate.
With access to the members area you can now get out there and start providing energy assessments.
If ever run into any difficulties or have any problems our dedicated support teams are just a call or email away.
Contact us >
What to expect from your accreditation body?
The Government approves energy assessor accreditation bodies to ensure a standard of energy assessment software and practices. This means that we work with our members to:
- Ensure you have the appropriate knowledge to do the job and provide training and qualifications
- Manage regular DBS checks
- Manage random sample audits of our members’ work
- Build and develop Government approved software that meets the requirements of building regulations and of our members
- Provide ongoing training opportunities and ensure that our members have achieved the required annual target for Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Provide free support and advice when you are using our software
- Assist your business growth by posting work opportunities and running a programme of networking events to build your network of contacts
- Provide manuals and technical bulletins to clarify processes and conventions
- Provide free online and mobile tools to assist you with managing your work and any audits.