Inventory Scheme Membership
We operate a professional inventory membership scheme which allows the registration of inventories. It is also designed to provide support, monitoring of standards and access to Free Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance for our inventory provider members.
You can become a member of Elmhurst's Inventory scheme if you have proved your competency in conducting property inventories, i.e. by completing an Elmhurst Inventory training course (alternatives may be accepted). The Inventory Membership Scheme gives confidence to users of the service that the persons are fit and proper as well as competent.
Once qualified you will gain access to the Elmhurst inventory software, both mobile and online, which will allow you to create inventories and produce certificates. Alternatively if you would like to go down the APIP (Association of Professional Inventory Providers) qualification route, Elmhurst can facilatate this for you.
How to Apply?
If you would like to join Elmhursts Inventory Scheme please complete the appropriate form below.
Benefits of Elmhurst's Inventory Membership and Portal
- The ability to upload and store all Inventory Reports
- Professional support from an independent reputable scheme
- Free Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £10m) as part of your membership. Find out more about the inventory report insurance available with Elmhurst membership here.
- Audit are undertaken to ensure consistent high standards
- Panel management functions are included within the software
- Ease of use - the portal can be accessed securely online and at any time
- Each lodgement produces a recognised certificate
£5 submission fees for Inventory report lodgements, including PI and PL insurance
Summary of Tenants Deposit scheme requirements
- Landlords will be required to join a statutory tenancy deposit scheme, if they take deposits for all Assured Shorthold Tenancies.
- This will mean that deposits are safeguarded.
- Tenants will get all or part of their deposit back, if they have kept the property in good condition and are entitled to get their deposit back.
- The scheme offers alternative ways of resolving disputes which aims to be faster and cheaper than taking court action.
Domestic GDAOs have the choice of using the Elmhurst ‘per click’ service or obtaining their own insurance.
Elmhurst Inventory Training
Looking to add NEW value services to each property visit, perhaps for estate agents to complement the provision of your EPCs? Elmhurst are offering Inventory training to support domestic energy assessors in extending their business to provide professional property inventories, protecting both tenants and landlords and also to estate agents to train to complete inventories.