Section 63 Accreditation (Scotland)
Elmhurst's Section 63 Accreditation Scheme is open to all trained and qualified Non-Domestic Energy Assessors. Section 63 of The Climate Change (Scotland) Act 2009 came into force on the 1st September 2016; it requires owners of non domestic buildings (over 1000m²) eligible for an EPC for sale or rent to have an additional assessment carried out.
Elmhurst will ensure energy assessors have the skills and knowledge to carry out this additional assessment and produce professional Action Plans as accredtied Section 63 Advisors.
This accreditation scheme creates new opportunities for existing non domestic energy assessors operating in Scotland, with Section 63 Advisors potentially able to produce more than one EPC and more than one Action Plan depending on the route required/determined for that non domestic building (see potential routes to compliance here).
Section 63 Action plan assessments on non domestic properties involve a variety of factors contributing towards the energy calculations. However Elmhurst Energy’s market leading technical support ensures that Section 63 Advisors aren’t left facing a problem for too long. The quality of training and Continuing Professional Development also contributes towards the success of our assessors, who are able to effectively grow their skills and industry knowledge to help them to deliver excellent service quality for their customers.
Only individuals who are qualified and accredited with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid Section 63 Action Plans using the relevant SBEM software.
How to Apply
Process to become an accredited Section 63 Advisor with Elmhurst Energy
Step 1: Book on to one of Elmhurst's online Section 63 training courses
Step 2: Undertake the online course.
Step 3: Following course completion you can apply to Elmhurst's Section 63 scheme. The relevant application forms will be sent to you atuomatically upon course completion (they are also available below).
Step 4: Once you have completed the application requirements and successful submission to Elmhurst you will be accredited as a Section 63 Advisor
Why Join Elmhurst's Section 63 Accreditation Scheme?
Once qualified, you are eligible to join Elmhurst’s award-winning accreditation scheme free of charge. Most assessors who train with us also choose to join our popular scheme, which is currently the largest in the UK and consistently receives high praise for outstanding technical support.
As an Elmhurst member you will receive continued support and training as well as access to a whole host of benefits including:
- Access to our secure members area ‘Access Elmhurst’ with links to supporting documents
- FREE Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) Insurance (cover up to £5m) necessary for many government contracts. More information available here
- Access to our industry publication and regular technical bulletins which offer FREE CPD
- FREE technical support available via phone and email Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
- Discounted, high quality CPD training delivered online and at locations around the UK
- Access to FREE marketing materials - including guides and fact sheets to help you sell your services, such as our Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- We regularly share job and work opportunity with members, helping them to win more business
- Entry onto Elmhurst’s search-for-assessor facility, one of the industry’s best directory for energy and retrofit professionals
- Initial application for Section 63 Advisor accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent Section 63 Advisor annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or Action Plans in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs/action plans in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/OCDEA) to your initial accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees via Direct Debit is FREE. If you are interested in setting up Direct Debit payment with Elmhurst you can do so by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
£25.00 (Plus Central Register Fee and VAT)