Most companies now comply with ESOS legislation - do you?
The Environment Agency have reported that over half of eligible organisations have taken action to comply with the ESOS legislation, and several thousand more have confirmed the process is well advanced and a lead assessor has been appointed. For the minority of companies that have done nothing then time really is running out and the Environment Agency are adamant that enforcement action will be taken
• If you represent an eligible company, which in essence is a company
• employing more than 250 people and/or
• have a turnover of £39 million and/or
• a balance sheet value in excess of £34 million
• and you have not submitted your report then you need to appoint an ESOS lead assessor immediately and ask that that this be advised to the Environment Agency though their online hub.
The Environment Agency have stated that
" Enforcement action will not normally be taken provided your notification of compliance is received by 29 January 2016. For organisations committing to achieving compliance through ISO 50001 certification, enforcement action will not normally be taken as long as notification is received by 30 June 2016. If you will not be compliant by 29 January 2016 then your case will be reviewed and you may hear from your regulator regarding enforcement action."
If you have not notified the EA of your late compliance, now is the time to do so. If you need to know more without obligation, you wish to speak with an ESOS lead assessor or are interested in ISO 50001 certification then please call Elmhurst Energy on 01455 883 250 or complete this form.