Elmhurst speak at IDEA assessor conference
Elmhurst Energy's Martyn Reed was delighted to be invited to speak at the IDEA conference at the Birmingham City Football Club on Monday 24th October.
His presentation focussed on the Elmhurst Manifesto, our 6 point plan that we are asking Government to consider as they design new and amended energy efficient plans.
Martyn discussed, with passion, the six points and illustrated the rationale using Government's own data and markets statistics
Elmhurst is campaigning to:
- Create a clear government strategy that reduces carbon emissions by reducing demand as well as decarbonising energy generation.
- Ensure an appropriate focus on energy efficiency initiatives that benefit the fuel poor, those families on low incomes and live in the least efficient homes.
- Reduce the validity period for Energy Performance Certificates to three years so the information is meaningful and up-to-date.
- Have Energy Performance Certificates at the core of all future energy initiatives to allow successes to be measured and compared.
- Extend the role of Energy Assessors to include best practice advice to families on how to reduce fuel bills and make their homes warmer.
- Maintain a long-term energy efficiency strategy to allow stability to plan and invest.
Elmhurst is proud to be associated with IDEA and congratulate them on another successful conference. Elmhurst believes that a professional association of energy assessors has real benefits for the industry and is pleased to support Phyllis and the team with their efforts.
Martyn added "this was the third time I have spoken at the event, and again enjoyed meeting energy assessors to hear their views on the industry and how accreditation schemes can help them work more efficiently. The Sunday curry was also a great success despite the music in the pub beforehand!"
For more information about IDEA visit http://whatstheidea.org.uk/