Elmhurst Energy introduces Elmhurst Risk Solutions
Elmhurst Energy is broadening the insurance offering that its members have access to by introducing its new trusted insurance partners, Elmhurst Risk Solutions.
Elmhurst's member insurance policy currently provides free Professional Indemnity (PI) and Public Liability (PL) cover up to the value of £10 million for accredited members. However, additional activities commonly undertaken by energy assessors such as producing ad hoc reports, and giving non-verbal/binding guidance to property owners, are not covered by this free member policy (see full comparison here).
These activities are important for energy assessors who want to deliver a full energy assessment and advice service to their clients. With the enhanced PI cover available from Elmhurst Risk Solutions, Elmhurst members will have access to appropriate cover which can help them to deliver advice on energy saving actions, as well as energy efficiency legislation that impacts building owners (e.g. minimum energy efficiency regulations) and how to meet them or to claim exemption.
With the enhanced PI cover from Elmhurst Risk Solutions, Elmhurst members will have the appropriate cover to undertake the following activities:
- Energy assessment using the methodology for which the assessor is accredited, but where the reports are not submitted to Elmhurst
- Production of ad hoc reports to demonstrate the viability of energy saving improvements
- Floor plan diagrams for use by the agent in promoting the property for sale or rent
- Photographs for use by the agent in promoting the property for sale or rent
- Energy saving actions that the occupants can do for themselves
- Explanation of the energy assessment methodology
- Explanation of the content of the Energy Certificate
- Referring building owners to the government endorsed list of approved installers that are able to deliver the recommended measure
- Advice on energy efficiency legislation that impacts on building owners (e.g. minimum energy efficiency regulations) and how to meet them or to claim exemption
- Offering advice to achieve building regulatory compliance and many of the calculations related to doing an energy assessment.
- Additional calculations to establish a building’s energy performance such ad: Psi-value, U-Value, Water use and Overheating calculations
The activities listed above are also relevant for the cover of Elmhurst trained Retrofit Assessors who undertake retrofit assessments in accordance with PAS 2035 (a Retrofit Coordinator can also gain cover by contacting the Elmhurst Risk Solutions team).
More information about Elmhurst Risk Solutions and their offering is available here.
If you would like to get a quote you can do so by clicking below: