|10 Hours CPD|
Suitable for: NDEAs & DEC Assessors
£650.00 + VAT
At the end of the 2 day session and subject to:-
- meeting Elmhurst’s member application requirements; and
- satisfactory conclusion of the practical assessments
N.B. Please note that the Section 63 application form will be emailed across to you once the payment has been processed.
you will be able to be accredited as a Section 63 Assessor with Elmhurst
Introduction to Section 63 (Day 1)
From the 1st September 2016, Section 63 legislation will be active in Scotland.
This will require owners of non domestic buildings (over 1000m²) eligible for an EPC for sale or rent, to have an additional assessment carried out.
Elmhurst Energy is preparing assessors for this new legislation with a CPD course which provides an ideal background to Section 63 legislation, and the actions that assessors can take.
This course will offer a valuable opportunity for assessors to get to grips with what’s to come before the 1st September; after all preparation is the key to success!
This CPD course covers the following:
- Timescales for implementation.
- Scope of application of Section 63 to Non Domestic EPCs
- What’s included within the scope.
- Options to comply within Section 63 i.e. Action Plans/DECS
- How and by whom these options are determined.
- A brief overview of the Section 63 software for Action Plans.
- Next steps for Non Domestic EPC energy assessors.
During the day there will be opportunities for a questions and answer session and networking with fellow Energy assessors.
Section 63 Accreditation Scheme (Day 2)
Practical demonstration of Section 63 Software and use of scenarios to:-
- Produce a Section 63 Action Plan - Prescriptive measures
- Production of a Section 63 Action Plan - Alternative measures
- Short written question and answer knowledge paper;
- Competency Assessment producing Action Plans against given scenarios; and
- Production of a client communication to demonstrate the additional advice you would give to client to support the Action Plan
For Scottish Delegates, funding may be available from Skills Development Scotland. Small/medium sized businesses could benefit from savings towards their training costs. Find out more here.
Please Note: The online booking system closes 2 working days prior to each event. If you would like to book a place within these two days, please call the Non Domestic team on 01455 883 231. In some cases it is still possible to take bookings over the phone the day before an event.