U-Value Competency Training
Elmhurst's U-Value Competency training course provides further understanding of U-Values and allows the assessor to build on current skills and knowledge.
The U-Value Competency Training provides an excellent CPD opportunity for existing On Construction and NDEA Level 4 Assessors wanting to gain a more comprehensive overview of U-Values. However this course also provides a first step towards those wanting to join Elmhurst's U-Value Competency Scheme.
The Elmhurst Scheme is set up to offer additional validity/credibility of U-Value calculations produced by assessing and monitoring the competency of U-Value calculations.
The course and voluntary scheme is developed by Elmhurst and uses the Elmhurst U-Value calculator or Design SAP software. The training day provides a further understanding of U-Values and allows the assessor to build on current skills and knowledge.
- Introduction to U-Values & overview of the competency scheme
- Science of thermal performance
- Common constructions in new build dwellings
- Principals of U-Values calculations
- U-Value calculation methods
- Guide through data entry in the Elmhurst U-Value calculator software
- Walkthrough example U-Value calculations
- Sample workshop calculations
- Q & A
£295.00 (+ VAT) - Introductory Offer
Process to become a Competent Person under the U-Value Competency Scheme
- Once booked onto a course you will be sent an email with a link to the competency scheme application form which you can complete anytime.
- Attend our One Day U-Value Course (CPD course &/or entry course to competency scheme)
- Test cases provided during training course - 4 weeks to complete test cases with 100% pass rate requirement*
- Subject to satisfactory completion of test cases attain certification of defined areas of competency detailed below -
- The combined calculation method BS EN ISO 6946:2007
- U-Value Conventions BR443: 2006
- Floors (slab on ground & suspended) BS EN ISO 13370: 2007
- Elements covered - Masonry & timber walls, roofs & floors
*Scheme attendees are allowed 3 attempts to complete test cases satisfactorily prior to requirement to re-attend training