Legionella Risk Assessment Training
Training to become an Elmhurst Legionella Risk Assessor provides an opportunity for Energy Assessors and other property professionals to expand their service offering, creating an additional revenue stream alongside their typical energy assessments.
There is a lot of demand for trained Legionella Risk Assessors, as organisations, or individuals who provide residential accommodation, are required to properly assess and control the risk of exposure to Legionella in their premises. This means that their water systems require an assessment, where the landlord will need to complete or employ an accredited Legionella Risk Assessor.
Legionella Risk Assessor Training
This one day course will give you the confidence carry out professional legionella risk assessments for your clients. The course will cover detailed information on the subject of Legionella and its causes, including the current legislative requirements for the control of Legionnaire's Disease in rental properties. You will also be able to look at our online app which collects evidence from the assessments process, including photographs for key property features. and produces a professional certificate for you to deliver to your clients. The course will also include a practical risk assessment exercise and a short written test.
The Legionella Risk Assessor one day course covers the following areas:
- What is Legionella and where can it be found?
- Who is at risk?
- How the disease is transmitted and grows
- Statistics and history of outbreaks
- The Health & Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
- The Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- The Approved Code of Practice L8 2013 and other guidance
- The role of Duty Holders and Responsible Persons
- Control measures for hot and cold water systems
- Control measures for other systems
- Legionella risk assessment methodology
From £165.00 (+ VAT)
THIS COURSE ALSO PROVIDES- 5 HOURS CPD