Energy Efficiency for Your Home

Find everything you need to know about energy efficiency for your home and all things Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) related.

First things first, An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is required whenever a building is sold, constructed or rented out, and provides a breakdown of a home’s energy efficiency. This does not include your usage of energy as an occupant, but looks at the energy performance of the property alone.

When a dwelling is created via new construction, conversion or change of use of an existing building a full SAP Energy Certificate is required, but for existing domestic properties a reduced SAP EPC is created. 

This area of the website aims to assist with understanding the information presented on existing dwellings Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs).  EPCs for existing buildings must be produced by an accredited Domestic Energy Assessor and for new buildings by an On-Construction Domestic Energy Assessor.

Success Stories

"Joanne was lovely and really helpful, along with the other trainers! I felt supported the whole way through and felt all my questions were answered with no judgement. I suprisingly enjoyed the course and everyone was really friendly"

- Hayley Scholes, DEA Level 3


Find out more about the range of services Elmhurst Energy has to offer.

Tech Support
© Elmhurst Energy Systems Ltd 2018. All rights reserved.