On Construction Accreditation Scheme
Elmhurst's On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor (OCDEA) Accreditation Scheme is open to energy assessors trained and qualified to undertake energy calculations using Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) software for newly constructed dwellings.
Elmhurst's scheme provides expert training and CPD to ensure assessors have the confidence to go out and produce new build Energy Performance Certificates. Accredited OCDEAs will also have access to Elmhurst's market leading SAP software which makes complex energy assessments simple.
Elmhurst regularly provides newsletters and bulletins to its members in order to widen their technical knowledge and give them the latest insights into trends and news effecting the onconstruction market. This regular communication is important as it adds to our members professionalism and competitiveness within the market.
Typically you will run into some issues in your day to day work; however our team of technical experts are just a call or email away from getting you the solution you need to continue your work unimpeded.
Become accredited as an On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor
Only individuals who are qualified and certificated with an approved accreditation body are able to produce legally valid new build Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) using the relevant Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) software.
How to Join Elmhurst's OCDEA Accreditation scheme
|1. Recently qualified On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor or a member of another scheme|
|2. Want to create a corporate account with Elmhurst, through which Elmhurst accredited assessors can submit assessments on behalf of an organisation||COMPLETE FORM >|
|3. Not qualified as a On Construction Domestic Energy Assessor but would like to train as one|
Why Elmhurst for OCDEA Accreditation Scheme?
Once qualified as an OCDEA, you are eligible to join our government approved accreditation scheme free of charge. As one of the most popular energy rating organisations in the UK, we pride ourselves in supporting our assessors the best way we can. By joining the Elmhurst accreditation scheme you will receive:
- Online membership to ‘Access Elmhurst’, our portal for certified assessors, with links to all the supporting documents a practising OCDEA assessor will need, as well as access to Elmhurst's excellent value Design SAP software.
- Regular newsletters
- Frequent technical bulletins
- Communication updates on ‘industry latest’
- Certified Certificate
- Technical support assistance from our New Build Dwellings Support Team via phone or email
- Design SAP manual and regular updates
- Benefits of the Elmhurst ‘reducing’ lodgement fee schedule
- ‘Search for an Elmhurst Assessor’ online facility so members of the public can specifically ‘look up’ Elmhurst assessors
- High quality continuing professional development (CPD) courses available at a discounted rate
- Use of the Elmhurst Certified Assessor logo
- Access to Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance as part of your accreditation.
- Easy to complete online initial accreditation and annual renewal forms to reduce paperwork
- Initial application for OCDEA accreditation - FREE
- Subsequent OCDEA annual renewal is free of charge if you have produced 25 EPCs or more in the previous accreditation year
- If you have produced less than 25 EPCs in the previous accreditation year then the renewal fee is £95.00 +VAT
- Adding additional strands (i.e. DEA/NDEA) to your initial OCDEA accreditation – FREE
- Payment of lodgement fees by direct debit is FREE. You can view the direct debit instructions here.
Elmhurst EPC Fee (Plus VAT & Central Register Fee)
*Our £6.95 entry price is subject to the volume of EPCs that you lodge, therefore the more you lodge, the cheaper it becomes