Campaigning on your behalf
As experts in energy assessment, we are passionate about supporting a sustainable industry for energy assessors alongside energy efficiency product and service providers.
Our vision is to create an energy efficient society and we believe that we have a responsibility to ourselves, our members and the community at large to speak up on matters of energy efficiency, to keep this critical issue within the political and business agenda and to maintain the Energy Performance Certificate as a valuable cornerstone of future energy efficiency initiatives.
We get involved by:
- Actively listening to our members and refining our own position based on input from the ground roots.
- Working with government to create pragmatic and workable energy assessment solutions
- Identifying, contextualising and communicating changes which might impact our collective journey towards an energy efficient society.
- Formulating a position, even when that might be perceived by some as challenging, if we believe it to be right.
- Proactively speaking on behalf of industry members who share our vision.
- Property and Energy Professional Association (PEPA). Managing Director for Elmhurst Energy, Stephen O’Hara is chair of PEPA, a trade body which represents business that is engaged in the provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) and Display Energy Certificates (DECs).
- Elmhurst Energy launched its political manifesto on energy efficiency in 2014 and continues to share and revise the key points it raises. view here.